Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Determined to Redefine My Christianity


I want to BREAK FREE!!! I've lived in the box my whole life because I've been trying to "please God." But it's starting to BORE ME to DEATH!! The more I think about it, the more I realize this isn't what God has called us to...

God is Wild @ Heart, Adventurous & Creative!! Why have we put Him in this bland box?! He can never be contained!! And He calls us to a life of passion, unpredictability & adventure so why do we live in the box?!!

We've reduced...


...the Holy Spirit to emotions,
...God to a systematic theology,
...and the Body of Christ to an institution!

I think we've got it all wrong!!


God must be bored to tears with our predictable Christian lives! I've spent the 24 years of my life trying to fit into this perfect Christian world we've created but I think it's killing me! This is not what God has designed us for!!


Where there is boredom, God is absent.

Where there is predictability, God has moved on.

(and this includes the Oh-So-Predictably-"unpredictable" Pentecostal expectation)


I think God is adventurous, has an element of exciting danger, is completely unpredictable & will ALWAYS leave us desiring more!!


I don't have a clue how but I'm ready to go there & find THIS God! Who cares if I'm called a fool, a blasphemer or a wayward child...if it's in search for this Mighty God in His undiscovered territory! I think it's time I let go of my inhibitions, fears & concerns about what others think, and let Him lead me on the real adventure He has designed us for!


I don't know what this looks like but I DO know that church pews & alter calls, squeaky clean lives & predictable lifestyles just CAN'T be all there is to the God who designed this complex & beautiful universe! There just has to BE MORE!!!

0 comments: